Friday, September 2, 2011

How the time flies

As some of you know Miss Everly turned one at the end of July, I really can't believe how fast the year went by and I say it all the time. So when it came to planning her birthday party I didn't know what to do to celebrate this milestone in her life.

I think we all have been to a few kids birthday party's  that are pure mayhem  and some of them actually made me not want to even have kids.  I did not want crazy littles running around all hopped up on goof balls, the birthday girl not really knowing what's going on and
ripping through presents a handful at a time. No thank you!

I wanted it simple, fun and memorable for all, and that is exactly what we had. Since it was in the middle of one of the hottest months of the year( we planned that real well), our dear friends Pam and Dough lent us their house to host the party. It has a pool and that equals fun, cool entertainment for adults and children of all ages. The menu consisted of chicken fingers, fruit, bean dip, spinach artichoke pasta salad with lemonade, iced tea and juice boxes to drink. I ordered a cupcake cake from Publix that came with a complimentary smash cake for Everly. 

On the invite I asked guest to bring something of today for Everly's time capsule, we plan on opening it on her 18th birthday. I love this idea and it was so neat to see what people put in, I can't wait to open it again in 18 years with Everly. I also made a digital scrapbook that documented Everly's first year. I wish I was a scrapbooker but I am not so I edited pictures together of her first year to music, this was one of my favorite gifts to give her. I hope she enjoys watching it when she is older as much as I enjoyed making it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment