Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rekindled

No matter what anyone says about social media sites they have connected me with some people of my past that I have lost touch with. And allows me to stay updated with friends and family that I may not be able to catch up with as much as I would like. So when my bestie from grade school and I reconnected for the second time I was thrilled. Especially since we are now living in the same city. Ashlyn and I became best friends in the 1st grade and did not leave each others side till middle school. We went everywhere together and did everything together.

We first found each other a few years ago on MySpace, we met up for brunch and was reintroduced with each other and our new families. Ashlyn was blessed with a sweet baby girl named Marissa. It was so wonderful to have her back in my life, however as life goes we unfortunately lost touch again. Then when I moved to Tampa I looked her up on facebook, I was thrilled when we reconnected again! After several months of back and forth emails we FINALLY committed to a date and met up.

You know you have a true friend when it can be years since the last time you have seen each other and it feels like only days, I love that feeling, when you just pick up were you left off. Not only was it wonderful to rekindle that friendship from my past, it was amazing to see our girls together and forming a special bond. Marissa is a few years older than Everly but she and Everly just adored each other and had a fantastic time together.

Me and Ashlyn rocken our NKOTB gear

Marissa and Everly having a little snuggle

1 comment:

  1. You could not of said it any better. I am truly blessed to have you back in my life. We have shared many great memories together. God has given us each a special gift to become mommies. It is amazing to see you as a mother and the love and energy you give off to Everly. I have always looked up to your mom. Thank you for sharing such sweet words. Much love to you and your family. XOXOX looking forward to pick up where we once left off.

    ReplyDelete